Page 1 of 1

Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:40 am
by Viegaard
So when I play 8-Max tournaments I have a profile for that table size, but my default is set at 9-Max.

At the start of the tournament I set the 8-Max tournament to my 8-Max profile, but during the tournament it just defaults/resets back to the 9-Max profile, how do I stop this from happening?

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:10 pm
by Flag_Hippo
What are your exact HUD Profile Select settings?

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:03 pm
by Viegaard
Flag_Hippo wrote:What are your exact HUD Profile Select settings?


Not sure what you mean?

I have my 9-Max HUD as default, since I mostly play 9max MTTs, but when I play big field tournaments, they are mostly 8-max so I have a second preset for that. At the start of an 8-Max tournament I set the active HUD preset to 8-max via the little menu thing on the table. But during the tournament (at random times) it resets itself back to my 9-max profile/preset.

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:51 am
by Flag_Hippo
I would like to know exactly how you have set this up in PokerTracker 4.

In PokerTracker 4 go to where you have set this up via 'HUD -> Edit HUD Options -> Profile Select'.

Take a screenshot of the settings in that window.

Post the screenshot in this thread.

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:28 pm
by Viegaard
https://imgur.com/a/eBMBFIO

I have not changed anything in here. But your settings treat tables from 7-10 Max as the same, so I cant setup different for 8 and 9 max.

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:04 am
by Flag_Hippo
If you are not using the latest version of PokerTracker 4 please update it. If you are using the latest version of PokerTracker 4 the HUD Profile shouldn't be changing if you have manually set a different HUD Profile (although it might reset if you are moved to a new table) so please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. When this issue occurs select 'File -> Create Support Bundle' in PokerTracker 4 and then attach that bundle to a Support Ticket so we can check your logs and see what is going on here.

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:35 pm
by Viegaard
Flag_Hippo wrote:If you are not using the latest version of PokerTracker 4 please update it. If you are using the latest version of PokerTracker 4 the HUD Profile shouldn't be changing if you have manually set a different HUD Profile (although it might reset if you are moved to a new table) so please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. When this issue occurs select 'File -> Create Support Bundle' in PokerTracker 4 and then attach that bundle to a Support Ticket so we can check your logs and see what is going on here.


It just seems odd that in the "Set default for this type" when you go into the HUD settings there it views 7-10-Max as the same type. When many sites have 8 and 9 max mixed up as MTT type.

So say I set my 8-Max profile to default, it will now also show as default for 9-max = I have to manually go in and apply it each time I start a 9-Max tournament (and when I get moved to a new table)

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:00 am
by Flag_Hippo
There are no separate 'HUD Profile Select' settings for 7/8/9/10 seat tables at this time. If you are having an issue on a table where you have manually changed your HUD profile (not set as default) and it is changing randomly (not on a table change) then you can report that issue as I described above.

Re: Table resets chosen profile randomly?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:16 am
by Viegaard
Flag_Hippo wrote:There are no separate 'HUD Profile Select' settings for 7/8/9/10 seat tables at this time. If you are having an issue on a table where you have manually changed your HUD profile (not set as default) and it is changing randomly (not on a table change) then you can report that issue as I described above.


I get that. But the vast majority of tournaments on Stars are 8-max or 9-Max. So being able to have different profiles for each seems logical.