Page 1 of 1
[Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 am
by PTrack
I'd like to request two features:
- I play on both € and $ rooms. I would really like it if we could set the default currency per player. So for instance: Player 'PartyPokerScreename' default is set to Euros and ' Player888pokerScreenname' default set to show everything in Dollars.
- Seperate config options for PokerStars.COM and .FR. I play at both and even though the HUD isn't a problem (I just set all HH-folders under PokerStars) I don't really like the fact that PT4 stores the processed handhistories in one and the same folder. A workaround would be to let PT4 store processed handhistories in a playername subfolder inside the processed HH folder.
Thank you.
Re: [Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 am
by kraada
Your currency is stored at a database level. If you had a player set to one currency and yourself set to another currency and you played him, how would we show his stats? In order to alleviate this (and other) concerns the currency is set database-wide. However, if you separated these two rooms into different databases you could see the information as you would like - you just wouldn't be able to combine the information between the two.
I'll pass your processed file suggestion along but I have a question - what would be improved for you if they were separate? I'm curious whether there's something else we could do to satisfy your needs and I'd like to hear more about what they are.
Re: [Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:24 pm
by PTrack
I understand the issue with multiple currencies within one database. It's just that it's kind of weird to see my buy-ins for games played at PokerStars.FR in €, then see the results in $ even though it's impossible to have $ on a PokerStars.FR account. The multiple database option doesn't work for me cause I'm often playing at PokerStars.COM and .FR at the same time and from what I can see it's impossible to make PT4 store to (and read the HUD from) two different DB's at the same time. It's just a small annoyance. It's like going to a shop where you can only pay in € then get a receipt with all the numbers in $.
The reason I'd like my PokerStars.COM and PokerStars.FR HH stored seperately is because I often copy my HH's to other software like universal replayer, HEM2, SNG Wiz, etc. Even though it's just one person (me) playing them, it actually are two totally different accounts and since I'm a controlfreak ;) I'd like them stored seperately.
Re: [Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:48 pm
by WhiteRider
If you use the "Game Currency" rather than "My Currency" stats all amounts will be shown in the currency they were played (other than totals, since that doesn't make sense across multiple currencies).
Re: [Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:30 pm
by PTrack
Ah, my bad. I had "My Currency Net Won" in my list instead of the Game Currency one. "Game Currency Fee" however seems to suffer from a minor bug. The numbers are correct but the prefix is $ instead of €.
Re: [Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 am
by WhiteRider
Values for individual tournaments should be shown in game currency, but any totals over multiple tournaments will be shown in whatever you have selected as "My Currency" ($ by default).
Re: [Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:57 am
by PTrack
I understand that but shouldn't the Game Currency Fee be in € when the game actually is in €?
The numbers are correct but shouldn't the $ prefix be a €? (Cause if the $ sign is correct then the numbers are wrong since $ -> € isn't 1:1)
gfee.png
- (7.04 KiB) Downloaded 3318 times
Re: [Request] Player currency + multiple PokerStars rooms.

Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:41 pm
by kraada
That is a known bug in the stat due - the value is correct just the symbol displayed is wrong. This is already fixed for the next beta release.