Page 1 of 2

PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:20 pm
by biiiink
Hello

I've had this issue happen 3 times. I have a DB of about 2.6 million hands in PT3. When I try to convert it to PT4, it crashes, just giving me the "PokerTracker has stopped working" windows error message. Each time it has crashed after importing around 200,000 - 300,000 hands.

I've also noticed that it consistently crashes if it has imported 0 hands and around 5,000 duplicate hands, giving the same windows error message

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 pm
by Josh
There's likely a bug in the import of some of these hands. PT4 enables logging by default, so if you can submit the crash report (and let us know here that you have done so), we can figure out which file is causing the problem.

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:51 pm
by biiiink
Where do I find the crash Report?

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:52 pm
by kraada
It should start up when you restart PT4 after it crashes.

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:55 pm
by biiiink
I'm definitely not getting that. After PT4 crashes and I click the button to close, and open PT4 again, it opens without any message. I also verified that logging is enabled

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:06 pm
by kraada
In that case please send us the log file via our support system manually - you can find the folder it's in by clicking File --> Show Data Directory in PT4, then after it crashes submit the PokerTracker.log file before restarting. Let me know your ticket number once you've sent it in so that I can prioritize the ticket appropriately.

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:19 pm
by biiiink
Ticket # is 115446

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:35 pm
by kraada
I just replied to your ticket requesting an additional file that is contributing to the crash. If you could attach it as well that would help a lot.

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:48 pm
by Furo
crashes for me as well, looks like the microgaming hands from my PT3 db are the source of problem
will add a ticket tomorrow when I will try it again

(also including a feedback regarding import speed, atm import a few mio hands)

Re: PT4 Crashes while converting PT3 database in Setup Assis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm
by Josh
Have you guys tried this with 4.01.1? Is that version still crashing with this problem?