Page 1 of 1

Help With Syncing Hands Between Systems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2025 7:14 pm
by doozzood
Hello, I am new to PT4 and I want to sync between my PC and my laptop. I would always be using one or the either, and both are connected via OneDrive. I am reviewing the guide which uses Dropbox as its example. I'm wondering if a system like OneDrive where I don't "share" a folder on a computer but instead have folders on the OneDrive that are accessible on either system would simplify the process. Could I just have PT4 on both systems use the same dropbox folder to save hands for review and HUD purposes?

If the only way is as explained in the guide (I haven't tried the below guide yet), how would I need to set up my PT4 on each system? Would I need a seperate "Processed" folder for each system in the OneDrive folder? And a single "Already Imported Hands" folder?

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... duplicates

Thank you in advance for helping a PT4 noob with limited computer skills. Cheers.

Re: Help With Syncing Hands Between Systems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2025 6:46 am
by Flag_Hippo
doozzood wrote:If the only way is as explained in the guide (I haven't tried the below guide yet), how would I need to set up my PT4 on each system? Would I need a seperate "Processed" folder for each system in the OneDrive folder? And a single "Already Imported Hands" folder?

Yes that is what the guide is suggesting. For example:

Have PokerTracker 4 on your PC set to move processed hands to C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\OneDrive\PokerTracker 4\PC\Processed.

Have PokerTracker 4 on your laptop set to move processed hands to C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\OneDrive\PokerTracker 4\Laptop\Processed.

Create one more folder such as C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\OneDrive\PokerTracker 4\Already Imported Hands.

After playing some sessions on your PC you move to your laptop. OneDrive will download the hand histories played on your PC to your laptop. You manually import those hand histories onto your laptop using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' and pointing the import to the C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\OneDrive\PokerTracker 4\PC\Processed folder.

After importing move the files from C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\OneDrive\PokerTracker 4\PC\Processed to C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\OneDrive\PokerTracker 4\Already Imported Hands for long term storage of hands played on both the PC and laptop.

Re: Help With Syncing Hands Between Systems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2025 2:04 pm
by doozzood
Ok, thank you. I will give this a go.

Re: Help With Syncing Hands Between Systems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2025 3:26 pm
by doozzood
One last question. I haven't played on my PC (yet). I have hands on my laptop saved locally from before I switched to the OneDrive folders. These hands are already on my laptop PT. Do I need to copy these to the OneDrive laptop 'Processed' folder so that they pull into the PC PT when I do the first import on my PC?

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it.

Re: Help With Syncing Hands Between Systems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 6:16 am
by Flag_Hippo
doozzood wrote:One last question. I haven't played on my PC (yet). I have hands on my laptop saved locally from before I switched to the OneDrive folders. These hands are already on my laptop PT. Do I need to copy these to the OneDrive laptop 'Processed' folder so that they pull into the PC PT when I do the first import on my PC?

Yes you can copy those hands to that location and then import them into the PC. Another option if your PC doesn't have any data at the moment and you have alot of hands is to transfer the current laptop database using backup & restore instead of importing all those hands:

Guide: Backup & Restore

When the database has been restored to the PC you can then transfer the existing hand history files to the 'Already Imported' folder.