Slow database and HUDs, does not recognize all tables

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Slow database and HUDs, does not recognize all tables

Postby Acrata » Wed May 07, 2025 1:59 pm

I'll try to summarize.

I have one of the most powerful computers in existence; I'm running Windows 11.

I get a message telling me to do housekeeping, which I've done more than once, following all the instructions in the guide. Then I do a rebuild cache, which I've done many times.

The tracking is very slow, it takes a while to display everything on the tables, the HUD doesn't appear on all the tables, and it doesn't recognize the tables, at most the first two I open during the entire session.

I don't know what to do. I've done everything in the guides and everything I've found searching the forum, and the problem persists. I sent a ticket to support yesterday, but they still haven't responded, and I can't play using the HUD.

I appreciate any new ideas (at least not in the guides, since I've already done everything) that might help me.

Yesterday morning everything was going perfectly, and after lunch, everything started to go wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Acrata
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 pm

Re: Slow database and HUDs, does not recognize all tables

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 08, 2025 6:54 am

A technician will be following up with you via your support ticket - please do not reply again to the ticket until they do so as it will reset the date of the ticket in the queue. In the meantime you can try things out on a new temporary database:

Guide: Creating A New Database in PokerTracker 4
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Slow database and HUDs, does not recognize all tables

Postby Acrata » Thu May 08, 2025 10:30 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:A technician will be following up with you via your support ticket - please do not reply again to the ticket until they do so as it will reset the date of the ticket in the queue. In the meantime you can try things out on a new temporary database:

Guide: Creating A New Database in PokerTracker 4



Regarding the link you posted to the guide, there's one thing I don't quite understand.

Regarding "Linking To An Existing Database," if I selected the database I've been using up until now, the one I'm having the problem with, what would I get?

Would I use the existing database and the new one as if they were one?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Acrata
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 pm

Re: Slow database and HUDs, does not recognize all tables

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 08, 2025 12:00 pm

Acrata wrote:Regarding the link you posted to the guide, there's one thing I don't quite understand.

Regarding "Linking To An Existing Database," if I selected the database I've been using up until now, the one I'm having the problem with, what would I get?

That option is used to add a database back into your configuration if it was removed and is not applicable here.
Acrata wrote:Would I use the existing database and the new one as if they were one?

You would just use the new database for now by setting it as the default/active database:

Guide: Using The New Database

Guide: Database Management
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Slow database and HUDs, does not recognize all tables

Postby Acrata » Thu May 08, 2025 1:28 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:You would just use the new database for now by setting it as the default/active database:

Guide: Using The New Database

Guide: Database Management




Thanks for everything. I did that a while ago, setting HUD options to read from both databases, the new one and the old one, and everything's working fine for now.

I'm waiting for a response from support to tell me how to fix the original problem with my database.

Best regards ;)
Acrata
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests