PAH Continuation Bet %

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

PAH Continuation Bet %

Postby PoorNapoleon » Sun May 04, 2008 4:01 pm

The continuation bet percentages displayed by PAH don't quite match the percentages I calculate independently from PT stats using the numbers from the "First Action on the Flop After a Pre-flop Raise" section of the "more detail" window. Specifically, I take the number of times a player bets after raising preflop and divide it by the number of times that player has the opportunity to bet (the number of flops a player sees after raising preflop minus the sum of the number of times he folds, calls and raises). The PAH continuation bet percentages consistently run a few percent points higher than the percentages I get.

Derek responded to my post by saying that those times when a preflop raiser bet on the flop, got raised and folded weren’t being counted by my calculations thus causing my numbers to run a few percentage points lower than the PAH numbers.

Since in the scenario Derek describes the first action on flop after a preflop raise would be a bet, I don’t see why such actions wouldn’t be counted as a bet in the “first action on the flop after a preflop raise” section of the “more detail” window, and therefore increase the value of the numerator in my fraction (increasing the continuation bet percentage of that player).

This is a repost, because apparently my earlier follow up question was missed.
PoorNapoleon
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Re: PAH Continuation Bet %

Postby APerfect10 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. No, there was no confusion. I have not looked at this issue for at least 2 years therefore I need to go back and refresh myself on the difference. Unfortunately, we have been overwhelmed with support questions and I have not yet had an opportunity to do this.

Give me another day or two and I will reply to this thread and also reply to your support message.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests