Can PAH function properly using ONLY the cache (and no DBs)?

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

Can PAH function properly using ONLY the cache (and no DBs)?

Postby domino66 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:28 pm

Let me explain -- I have 2 computers I use to play poker...but I use one of them as my datamining / PokerTracker computer, and I've amassed a huge collection of HHs, perhaps 15 Million HHs over 10 DBs. When I rebuild my PAH, I have to set it running overnight (b/c it takes 12 - 15 hours).

Anyway, I want to know whether I can use PAHUD on Computer #2 by simply copying the 2 DB cache files (each about 40MB) into Computer #2's PAHUD folder...but the actual DBs won't exist on Computer #2 (b/c they take ages and ages and ages to transfer over and take up about 40 gigs of space, so it would be very beneficial if I could just transfer over the cache files and not the actual DBs)...did that Q make sense?
domino66
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:23 pm

Re: Can PAH function properly using ONLY the cache (and no DBs)?

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Unfortunately, I do not think this is possible. Have you tried it? That is the only way to know for sure...

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Can PAH function properly using ONLY the cache (and no DBs)?

Postby domino66 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Well, the problem is that it's not exactly an "easy" thing to just "try", b/c it would involve entirely deleting the postGRES DBs from my machine, but then having to reload them again if it doesn't work, meaning that this is essentially a 2-day procedure to just give something a shot in the dark...perhaps bring this to Josh's attention to get his opinion before I do something so drastic...?

EDIT: In fact, just crossed my mind that with a new HUD presumably coming out soon for PT3 and such, this should be a feature that you should think about incorporating if you weren't thinking about it already...e.g. i would LOVE if I could basically get a fully-functional HUD-type display while ONLY having a cache of statistics on my computer...to be more specific, imagine if my desktop were my main poker playing computer (which it is, in my case)...I would LOVE if, let's say I had to travel for a few weeks and could only bring my laptop, that I could simply copy over a cache file of 100MB or less that would contain all of my cache'd statistics, which would essentially allow me to get an on-screen display of statistics on my alternate computer...this is a HUGE space savings! >> I mean, in my case, I have about 13 postGRES databases (for all the sites I play combined)...each one I think takes up between 4 and 6 freakin' gigabytes, meaning that 60 gigabytes of my 200-gig hard drive are taken up SOLELY by my PT databases...but the PAHUD cache file for these gigantic databases only comes to 40MB (and there's two of those files). it would be SO much more convenient if I could just copy over two 40MB cache files on my alternate computers instead of having to transfer over and RESTORE the full-size DB. Naturally, this methodology has its limitations in that I wouldn't be able to actually ADD to my databases with the hands that I was playing on my alternate computer, but that would be fine by me...the space/time savings of being able to essentially run a fully-functional HUD that's so small in size would vastly overwhelm that limitation.
domino66
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:23 pm


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests