can't connect/can't blank out password

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

can't connect/can't blank out password

Postby berya » Fri May 23, 2008 3:24 pm

I uninstalled my old postgre completely (version 8.0 which worked fine for years). Downloaded PT3 with postgre. It's asking me for a password. Unfortunately as part of the uninstall I blasted everything. Including this Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Configuration Files -> Edit pg_hba.conf

I also tried manually installing 8.3 that's in my PT3 download but that's not working either. I either get user id already exist or when I use new id's it tells me internal account look up failed no mapping between account names and secure ids was done.

I've been trying to get this work for like the last 5hrs or so and it's just not working for me. HELPPPPP!
berya
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: can't connect/can't blank out password

Postby berya » Fri May 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Forgot to mention. I'm running Windonws XP
berya
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: can't connect/can't blank out password

Postby berya » Fri May 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Never mind. Installed 8.2 instead and it appears to be working.
berya
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:31 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest