Trouble with PostgreSQL/PT3

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Trouble with PostgreSQL/PT3

Postby jmill » Sat May 17, 2008 11:53 am

Okay, I recently uninstalled PT3 and PostgreSQL completely and am about to start over.

My problem was that every time I tried to run PT3 a box would pop up requesting a password from me.

I was told to do one of the following

If you used PT3 to install PostgreSQL, the default password is "dbpass" (no quotes). You can also go to Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Configuration Files -> Edit pg_hba.conf. Change the line:

Code:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5To:

Code:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trustRestart the service, then leave the password blank in PT3


Neither of these worked either. When I tried the second option this would pop up

Cannot create the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/pg_hba.conf file


So, frustrated I tried to uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL straight from PT3. I did this and ran into a few problems, the main one being the sound on my Computer was completely gone. As in there was a little x next to the volume icon on my toolbar and it said that no audio was installed on my computer. As soon as I uninstalled PostgreSQL again the sound worked fine again.

So I'm just looking for some advice on what to do now so I don't screw it up again. Also, I had PT2 and the first 8/9 beta versions of PT3 and they all ran fine and I never ran into any problems. So not sure what I did, but assuming I messed up somewhere and that is has something to do with Vista maybe.
jmill
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Trouble with PostgreSQL/PT3

Postby prajna » Sat May 17, 2008 1:04 pm

I am kinda confused here, because you said when you tried the "second option"? There is no second option there. There is only one. Make sure that you follow the tutorial below to a T, and this will remove the password requirements:

Tutorial: How to remove password requirements in postgresql

~ Thomas
[Pokertracker support]
prajna
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Re: Trouble with PostgreSQL/PT3

Postby hondo928 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm having the same problem when I try to save the notepad pg_hba.conf it says it cannot create the directory
hondo928
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Re: Trouble with PostgreSQL/PT3

Postby jmill » Sat May 17, 2008 6:12 pm

prajna wrote:I am kinda confused here, because you said when you tried the "second option"? There is no second option there. There is only one. Make sure that you follow the tutorial below to a T, and this will remove the password requirements:

Tutorial: How to remove password requirements in postgresql

~ Thomas
[Pokertracker support]


Done that now and the box still comes up.

The positive is that i'm able to save over it now when I replace md5 with trust but it doesn't change anything for me. Still can't run PT3.

I do have PostgreSQL 8.3 installed now as well.

Assuming that I messed up the Postgre installation I suppose, a little confused that this is so hard though, it was always easy in the past.
jmill
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Trouble with PostgreSQL/PT3

Postby jmill » Sat May 17, 2008 6:36 pm

* Just kidding, tried it again and it worked finally, have PT3 running now weeeeeee.

<--A little slow
jmill
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Trouble with PostgreSQL/PT3

Postby APerfect10 » Mon May 19, 2008 2:50 pm

hondo928 wrote:I'm having the same problem when I try to save the notepad pg_hba.conf it says it cannot create the directory


Are you under a Windows administrator account?

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests