Page 1 of 1

PostgreSQL problem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:04 pm
by gmiko
I have the same problem on two different computers (one is Vista Home, the other is Vista Ultimate), with 3 different postgres versions, including the latest one. Vista installs are clean, I never had this problem and I installed postgres several times in the past.



Almost at the end of installation I get these 4 errors:




Activating procedural languages...

ERROR1: Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages
files are installed, but are not activated in any databases.

ERROR2: could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?



Activating contrib modules...

ERROR3: Failed to connect to the 'template 1' database. Contrib files
are installed, but are not activated in any databases.

and again, same as error2..

ERROR4: could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?



Installation finishes but Poker Tracker can't create a database.

Any ideas?

Tried almost everything.

Re: PostgreSQL problem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:22 pm
by kraada
Let's start simply: do you have UAC disabled? If not, please disable it and try installing again (tutorial) and see if that helps.

Re: PostgreSQL problem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:43 pm
by gmiko
kraada wrote:Let's start simply: do you have UAC disabled? If not, please disable it and try installing again (tutorial) and see if that helps.


Yes. I wish it was that simple.

Re: PostgreSQL problem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:08 pm
by kraada
Are you using the OneClick Installer or the pgInstaller? If you're using the former, try using the latter (download link) and see if that helps (the default settings should work properly, by the way).