My hard drive started failing and it crashed everytime i tried to export out my hands so i saved the data dir and put in a new hard drive and put the data dir onto the new hard drive but i can't seem to get it to connect back up to pt. i don't want to re-import all of my hands because it's a huuge db that will take me a couple weeks. i tried newer postgres version 8.3.6 and older version 8.3.5 which was used to make the db but both aren't working with this re-connect FAQ. Is there any other way to try to get pt back connected to this postgres data folder db?
I have a copy of my postgres folder from before a harddisk failure or before I uninstalled postgres - how do I reconnect to my databases?
1.) Save your "data" folder. You can find it in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3.
2.) Uninstall postgresql completely and delete everything under C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3. EXCEPT the data folder.
3.) Install PostgreSQL again, but untick "Initialize Database cluster".
4.) click on "connect" again and it should work
