Page 1 of 1

Merge Tournament Results

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 pm
by matt0216
I realize this is a known issue with Poker Tracker not reporting the Buy-In/fees/winnings due to the way merge saves the hand histories, however, I was wondering if there was a way to utilize the real cash ledger on merge sites to solve this. I don't mind manually importing results when I play one tournament, or a small number of sngs, but if I play over 100 it would take way too much time.

So, all of the data is recorded in the ledger, the Buy-in, Fees, Winnings and also the corresponding tournament #, so is there any way to have this data imported automatically once you transfer it to a spreadsheet. Or, is this something that's not possible to begin with?

Re: Merge Tournament Results

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:24 am
by WhiteRider
PT3 should be able to infer the entry fees and prizes for most Merge tournaments using the Tournament Auto Detect mechanism - if you're not using v3.11.6 Beta please update, and check out the Tutorial: Tournament Auto Detection.

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes

Is it possible to export this ledger information to a file automatically, from the Merge software? If so, please explain how, and attach an example to a Support ticket and we'll look into it.

Re: Merge Tournament Results

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:11 am
by KeK442
Hello...

I'm having a similar issue with MTT on Merge. I'm running 3.11.6 Beta. I've open a close the poker client (Lock Poker) and PT3 several times. Under the Texas Holdem, Tournament Tab I have several buy-in's which equal $0.00. I tried to enter the results manual (as I had to do this with Bodog) but I do not see these $0.00 tournament available to be inputted.

Also, under Manual Import, Tournament Detection I have Auto Detect selected. Do I also want the Overwrite selected?

Thanks. Please let me know what needs to be done to populate my tournament results.

Thanks
KeK442
Keith

Re: Merge Tournament Results

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:01 am
by WhiteRider
If you can see the tournaments in the Tournaments tab you should see them in the Tournaments > Enter Results window too - make sure that you don't have any filters enabled there, or the 'only tournaments needing results' option (if your finish position is known then that option will hide the tournament).

You do not need the Overwrite option ticked - that is for importing tournament summaries, which Merge do not provide.

The $0 buy-in tournaments are probably those which do not have descriptive/consistent names. Since Merge do not specify the buy-in in their hand history files PT3 uses the names to infer the buy-in where it can, but this is not possible for all tournaments.
Please compress the hand history files for a few tournaments which give this problem and attach them to a Support ticket. Tell us what the buy-in and fee actually were and we'll see if the detection rules can be improved.
Thanks