Page 1 of 1

Problem Opening PT3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:54 pm
by hendrix
When I open PT3 it says:

PROBLEM DETECTED!

For this version of PokerTracker to run properly with Windows Vista, you should make sure that you use the 'Run as Administrator' option to launch the program.
To do this, right-click on the PokerTracker shortcut and choose Properties. On the window that opens, click the 'Advanced' button. On the next window, check the 'Run as administrator' option and click the OK button to save the changes.
If you are not running as Admin, please restart and make the changes to your shortcuts. It is highly recommended that you do NOT continue.

I keep getting this notice when I open PT3 and I have clicked run as administrator, please help I really want to buy this product

Re: Problem Opening PT3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:24 pm
by kraada
Please try disabling UAC as explained in this tutorial and that should solve your problem.

Re: Problem Opening PT3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:44 pm
by hendrix
I tried disabling UAC and that didn't work, anything else I should try?

Re: Problem Opening PT3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 pm
by tarix
Make sure you account is part of the Administrators group. Also make sure that you can write to C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data.

If you continue to have problems try installing PokerTracker to a directory that is fully under your control. For example C:\Users\hendrix\PokerTracker 3.