Problem Opening PT3

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Problem Opening PT3

Postby hendrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:54 pm

When I open PT3 it says:

PROBLEM DETECTED!

For this version of PokerTracker to run properly with Windows Vista, you should make sure that you use the 'Run as Administrator' option to launch the program.
To do this, right-click on the PokerTracker shortcut and choose Properties. On the window that opens, click the 'Advanced' button. On the next window, check the 'Run as administrator' option and click the OK button to save the changes.
If you are not running as Admin, please restart and make the changes to your shortcuts. It is highly recommended that you do NOT continue.

I keep getting this notice when I open PT3 and I have clicked run as administrator, please help I really want to buy this product
hendrix
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Problem Opening PT3

Postby kraada » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Please try disabling UAC as explained in this tutorial and that should solve your problem.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem Opening PT3

Postby hendrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:44 pm

I tried disabling UAC and that didn't work, anything else I should try?
hendrix
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Problem Opening PT3

Postby tarix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Make sure you account is part of the Administrators group. Also make sure that you can write to C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data.

If you continue to have problems try installing PokerTracker to a directory that is fully under your control. For example C:\Users\hendrix\PokerTracker 3.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests