No full support for Cake?

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

No full support for Cake?

Postby Mazter81 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 pm

The changes for the new beta-edition promised this:
Full HUD support added for Cake Network in compliance with Terms of Service changes

I expected that this meant, that you'd have access to stats from more sessions than the current - as you'd have on most sites - but that didn't work out for me

SO - are my expectations wrong or is there an issue with the update or my settings?
Mazter81
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 am

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:28 am

That should now be the case, but it won't be back-dated - you won't get stats from sessions you played before the update as the player names from those were masked.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby Mazter81 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:21 pm

OK. Thanks.
That's probably the issue

I'll try it our later tonight :)
Mazter81
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 am

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby Mazter81 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm not seeing any changes - except the full playername are available in the HUD and the hand histories.

Currently I'm sitting with the same guy at 4 tables and the stats at all 4 tables are for that table session only, and all the tables are 6-max at the same level
Mazter81
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 am

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby Mazter81 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Mazter81 wrote:I'm not seeing any changes - except the full playername are available in the HUD and the hand histories.

Currently I'm sitting with the same guy at 4 tables and the stats at all 4 tables are for that table session only, and all the tables are 6-max at the same level

Perhaps I should add that I have already upgraded the poker client and PT3
Mazter81
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 am

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby kraada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Are you able to see his stats in the main PT3 window?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby HermannTL » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:35 pm

WhiteRider wrote:That should now be the case, but it won't be back-dated - you won't get stats from sessions you played before the update as the player names from those were masked.

How about after using the alias to equate the two names?

While I'm at it, are any HUD layouts other than the default VPIP/PFR/AFq?
HermannTL
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:10 am

That would work in theory, but you should not see the old masked names in the player list, so I don't think you'll be able to alias them. Furthermore, there could be some name clashes since we only know the first 4 characters of the masked names, and there will be one name for each seat that you previously saw that player play in.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:57 am

Sorry - I need to correct myself.

Cake's EULA still only allows HUDs to display stats from the current session, so this is all PT3 will show you, and no workaround will be provided for this.
Sorry for the confusion.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: No full support for Cake?

Postby HermannTL » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 pm

WhiteRider wrote:That would work in theory, but you should not see the old masked names in the player list, so I don't think you'll be able to alias them. Furthermore, there could be some name clashes since we only know the first 4 characters of the masked names, and there will be one name for each seat that you previously saw that player play in.

Aliasing seems to work fine, with the caveat that the aliased notes vanish, so copy them to the full name player first. Yes, sometimes you have to guess "Is this the same villain?" though sometimes the stats strongly suggest that it's the same one (or not).

Fie upon the Cake EULA! :x

I was going to ask if any other HUDs are compatible, but those 3 stats are about the only ones that converge fast enough to have any meaning in a single session.
HermannTL
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests