PT3 won't start second+ time

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PT3 won't start second+ time

Postby CrazyRocks » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:14 pm

After I have used PT3 and closed it (stopping imports first) my pokertracker will not start anymore if I try to start it up again. I have to reboot computer and only then it will start.

After having pressed yes when windows 7 asks for permission nothing just happens, there is a pokertracker.exe process running which I cant end (not even with taskmanager).

Any idea what might cause this?

I have fully updated windows 7 and AVG anti-virus with pokertracker manually added to exceptions.
I use the latest beta PT3, but had same problem with the latest stable version too.
CrazyRocks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:05 am

Re: PT3 won't start second+ time

Postby kraada » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Please make sure that AVG has exceptions for PostgreSQL as well. Also, what version of PT3 are you currently using?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: PT3 won't start second+ time

Postby CrazyRocks » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm using 3.11.5 beta atm.
I have just added postgres to exceptions as well, this seems to have fixed it! Thanks!
CrazyRocks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:05 am

Re: PT3 won't start second+ time

Postby kraada » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Sounds great - if the problem comes back, please do let me know.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: PT3 won't start second+ time

Postby CrazyRocks » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:53 pm

The problem came back :(

Seems it didn't fix it after all, I guess I was just lucky or something :/
CrazyRocks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:05 am

Re: PT3 won't start second+ time

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:07 am

When PT3 won't start is the PostgreSQL service running? You can check by looking for postgres.exe processes in Task Manager > Processes and/or looking at PostgreSQL in the services window (click Start, on XP click Run, and type 'services.msc') - is it running?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests