New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportunites

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportunites

Postby SAVAGE3000 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Hello,

I've created a 4-bet and fold stat which seems to be working OK, apart from the fact that the 'show times against opportunites' feature doesn't work for. For example a stat will come up as 30.7% (). Is there a way of rectifying this?

Here's what I did...

cnt_p_4b_fold: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_folded = 'P', 1, 0])

cnt_p_4b_face_shove: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin = 'P', 1, 0])

To make:

(cnt_p_4b_fold) / (cnt_p_4b_face_shove) * 100

Does all this look OK to you? What should I do to get the 'show times / opportunities' feature to work for this (and any other stats I may create)?

Thanks!
SAVAGE3000
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportuni

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:40 pm

It's a formatting issue. The formatting needs to be exactly:

(cnt_p_4b_fold / cnt_p_4b_face_shove) * 100

in order for show times/opportunities to function. One small note on your stat though: you can 4bet and fold to a 5bet when the 5bet is not an all-in move so you may have a smaller sample of opportunities than you should.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportuni

Postby SAVAGE3000 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks for that Kraada. With regards to the fold to a shove (rather than fold to a raise) stat, I couldn't get the latter to work for some reason. Any suggestions? Must be something glaringly obvious that I'm missing there!

Thanks again.
SAVAGE3000
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportuni

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:30 pm

It's actually a complicated situation because all of the 4bet database fields are for 4bets or higher. We'll be able to pick this situation out completely in PT4 though much more easily.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportuni

Postby SAVAGE3000 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Sorry to bother you again, but I've created two more stats. Again they're working fine but the problem's the show times / opportunities thing. I've tried to play around with the formatting but have had no joy. Any suggestions for these ones...?

4Bet Preflop Range:

(cnt_p_raise_first_in / cnt_p_open_opp * 100 * cnt_p_4bet / cnt_p_4bet_opp) * 100 / 100

5Bet Preflop Range:

(cnt_p_3bet / cnt_p_3bet_opp * 100 * cnt_p_4bet_def_action_raise / cnt_p_4bet_def_opp * 100) / 100

Better leave this to the experts!

Thanks.
SAVAGE3000
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportuni

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Neither of those is going to work as they're not in X/Y * 100 form - I'm not even entirely certain what you want to count as the times vs the opportunities here. If you can break those down for me I'll gladly set it up so it'll work for you.

But you should note also that your 5bet range does include 4bets so it's not really a 5bet range.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportuni

Postby SAVAGE3000 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks Kraada. To be honest I've looked at this and don't think I'll be needing to see times/opportunities for these stats because this already shows in their overall 4bet and 5bet ranges anyway. The important one was the 4bet and fold to shove stat, so thanks for sorting that one out for me.
SAVAGE3000
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: New 4bet fold stat - problem with show times / opportuni

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:23 pm

No problem, that's what I'm here for :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests