Can't connect to server/start client

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Can't connect to server/start client

Postby Kaingoon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 am

So when i try to start poker tracker it tells me
"error connecting to default databse"
and asks me to create a new database or choose one from the list.

When I try to create or choose one from the list i get this error.


Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT3_2011_08_18_214816
Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I haven't changed anything, I have not tried to run it for a couple months however, i've got the most recent updates etc.
Any assitance appreciated, I'd love to get this working again
Kaingoon
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Re: Can't connect to server/start client

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:22 am

Please read our Firewall Guide.
If that doesn't help click Start, type Event Viewer and click on it when it appears. Go into the Applications section in the top left and look for errors relating to PostgreSQL. Do you see any? If so, double click them and tell me what the error text is.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Can't connect to server/start client

Postby NikTheGreek » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:54 am

Hi,

I had the same error after moving to win7 64bit. I use Microsoft Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus. I added all 4 processes that the General Firewall Troubleshooting section mentions from the link you gave in the previous post. I restarted my machine and I still get the same error when trying to start PT3. I checked the Event Viewer and there are no errors related to this.

Some other details:
- Operating system: Win7 Professional SP1 64bit
- PT3 version 3.10
- PostgreSQL version: 9.1 (Note: This is installed under the "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.1" folder. However, there is also this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.3" but it only contains a "Data" folder.)
- I downloaded and installed PT3 and on installation I got a msg saying that I need to also install the SP1 for Vista even though I'm on win7. So I didn't follow those instructions. I went and installed PostgreSQL 9.1 manually from a link I found here on your forums because I read it was the most appropriate for win7 64bit. At some point I managed to make it work but I can't remember if it was before or after I enabled the MS Firewall or MS Security Essentials.
- If I disable the MS Firewall I still get the same error.

Thanks
NikTheGreek
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Can't connect to server/start client

Postby kraada » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:11 am

We have not tested nor do we officially support PostgreSQL 9.1 at this point in time. Please uninstall it and downgrade to at least 9.0 (8.3 and 8.4 also work well). Please also upgrade to the latest PT3 beta version and see if the combination of those things helps you ehre.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests