OS X Lion

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

OS X Lion

Postby t1lt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:56 pm

So I found this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35451 sadly after I've tried installing PT3...

So after read that thread I've uninstalled it (removed from applications) and postgresql wasn't even installed due the error message.

But now when I try to reinstall PT3, it doesn't offer me to download & install postgresql. It just pops up with the Database connect dialog once finished installing.

Basicly my question is, how can I FULLY uninstall PT3, so that it will offer an install of PostgreSQL again. That way I prolly get it to work with the manually added user adviced in the linked thread.


Edit: I've also tried installing PSql manually, but with the package from their site, I get a lot of bulk material I do not want on my macbook. I just want the silent extractor PT3 started.
t1lt
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: OS X Lion

Postby tarix » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:43 am

Drag the folder ~/Library/Application Support/PokerTracker to the trash. That will erase all of the save preferences and cause it to prompt to install PostgreSQL again.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: OS X Lion

Postby t1lt » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks for the reply... but unfortunately there is no such directory, and I've tried installing it again, and it INSTA installs like there's nothing to install... and no prompt for Postgres :( And even after the installation, there's no such directory.
t1lt
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: OS X Lion

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Hmm - I'm not seeing that folder in my Lion setup either. That must have changed for Lion.
PT3 basically uses the same installer as you can get from the PostgreSQL website, so there is no harm in installing it manually.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 95 guests