AVG antispyware and pt3

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

AVG antispyware and pt3

Postby omaha » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:45 am

I put AVG 8 on my computer, and pt3 doesnt seem to like it.

Is there any way around this?
omaha
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Re: AVG antispyware and pt3

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 am

I'm glad you posted this as I was thinking of updating..
What specific problem(s) are you getting?

(I'm going to move this to the PT3 forum)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: AVG antispyware and pt3

Postby keggler » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:44 am

i have a PC with AVG8 and PT3 running quite happily - please be more specific about "doesn't like..."

PT3 crashes, won't start, loops, freezes for instance...

What operating system are you running and what version of postgres?
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am

Re: AVG antispyware and pt3

Postby fly1fisher » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:21 pm

I have AVG Free (installed 6/4/08) and PT3 b12 (installed 6/3/08) and they seem to be working fine together. My postgres is 8.2.
fly1fisher
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:28 am

Re: AVG antispyware and pt3

Postby omaha » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:58 pm

I had the freebie version, no problems at all
I bought avg 8, and then started using the hud (never tried it b4, so it may not be avg related
The hud often freezes, especially when i click apply (to changes).
Sometimes one table has hud working, sometimes 2 out of five tables
omaha
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Re: AVG antispyware and pt3

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:43 am

Ah, OK - thanks for the replies everyone.

Having Hud Problems? READ THIS!
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: AVG antispyware and pt3

Postby omaha » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:03 am

I found out what the problem was- it had nothing to do with avg, it just happened to first occur when i had upgraded.

I had put pt3 on a different drive to spadeye, which it hated.

IF ANYONE HAS PUT THEIR DATABASE ON A DIFFERENT DRIVE, MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT SPADEYE ON THAT SAME DRIVE, OR YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SPADEYE CRASHING AND PT3 LAGGING
omaha
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests