Page 1 of 1
Multiple computers

Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:32 pm
by nightmovs
Hello, I thinkin about purchasing pokertracker 3 and i have one question before i do so. I play poker on my home pc and on my labtop... Can i get pokertracker on both so i can keep my stats all together ??? thanks
Re: Multiple computers

Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:48 pm
by kraada
One PokerTracker 3 license will be usable for two computers that you own of your choice.
So if you purchase PT3 you will be able to install it on both your desktop and your laptop.
If you want to have one database of all of your hands you will either need to shuffle hand histories back and forth between the computers or allow for remote connections to your database. If you go the latter route, I recommend making sure you have a hardware firewall that blocks access to your databases from people not on your local network.
Re: Multiple computers

Posted:
Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:09 am
by BetPotBot
I use PT on two computers as well. With the PT licence no problem. I also run a Windows 2003 server where I have installed the postgre sql database. Both computers with PT installed use this remote database to store the data. The advantage is that I don't have to move the database or the HH files each time I change my computer.
Of cause you don't need a special server for that. for example you can use the database from your desktop computer and access it from your laptop over the LAN as well. (The desktop computer has to be turned for the whole time) Sometimes I play Poker with my laptop not at home. So I have also a local postgre database on my laptop running. But then I have to move the data from my server database to my local database. When I am back home I update my server database with my local data and use the server database again.
The only problem is that with a huge database it takes much more longer to access the server database over the local network than using a local database. with pt2 updating the stats every 5 minutes for example I got heavy load on my computer and couldn't use pt main program for about 2 minutes. sometimes a bit disturbing but the hud still worked fine and that was enough for me. didn't try that with pt3 now.. perhaps that works better.
If you want to use an external postgre database you have to edit pg_hba.conf file and tell postgre that other computers than the localhost are allowed to access this database.