Old PokerTracker version

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Old PokerTracker version

Postby Helveticus » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Hello

I'm still having PokerTracker v3.06.2

Is this version still good enough for Bodog, Minted Poker, PGN world poker and Titan? I don't need hud or so, I just need the import of the hands.
Helveticus
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Old PokerTracker version

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:01 am

Many issues have been fixed since that version, including issues related to changes in site software and hand histories, so you should really update.
The update shouldn't cause any problems, but I would always recommend making a Backup of your database before updating, as you would do for any important document. If you don't still have all of your original hand history files (in the PokerTracker 3\Processed folder by default) then this may be a good time to do an export too
Then just close PT3 and all your poker sites before running the installer, which you can download from the Download page. I would recommend v3.11.6 Beta, which is lower down the page.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Old PokerTracker version

Postby KaZhaR » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:31 am

Hi,
I'm looking for information on the free version available of PokerTracker (what's the difference between the free version and the paid subscribed to one?.. I've been told it's 'beta' version but I don't even know what 'beta version' means.... I'm an old fart but with the emotional maturity of a teenager,... an older poker player in other words).
If you could give me some info. on how I can get started with PokerTracker it'd be greatly appreciated. (ie. set up, setting filters, importing hand histories, etc.,.. anything,.... everything.. lol).

Thanks Alot!!
KaZhaR
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:35 am

Re: Old PokerTracker version

Postby kraada » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 am

The Beta version is a newer version of PT3 than the stable - the stable version, at the time it was released, was considered to have few to no known bugs. The beta is a result of improvements since then and at times may have issues that need fixing. At this point though, I would say the Beta is at least as stable as the current stable version and would recommend it for general use by everyone.

The free trial (which lasts 60 days) gives you access to all of the functionality of PokerTracker 3 except: Multiple databases, custom statistics and TableTracker.

The best place to start to read up on how to use PT3 is our documentation page - it gets you started with the basics. We then have more detailed feature tutorials available in our FAQ and tutorials forum.

Welcome to the PokerTracker community!
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests