Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

Postby Evan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but in looking for a solution to this problem, I came across this article that worked for my Windows 7 system: http://tinyurl.com/cvey77o.
Evan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

Postby Evan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but in searching for a solution to this problem I came across this article, which worked for my Windows 7 system: http://tinyurl.com/cvey77o
Evan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:39 am

You should no longer need UAC enabled to run PT3, as long as you configure it to always Run As Administrator.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

Postby FORECONSniper » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 am

WhiteRider wrote:You should no longer need UAC enabled to run PT3, as long as you configure it to always Run As Administrator.



Hey WhiteRider... I was wondering the same thing. I have Tuneup Utilities program and it alerts me to this "security alert" that my UAC is turned off. I had to backup my PT3 database to transfer as I had recently purchased a new laptop computer. I had to reinstall my backup to my new computer and read on the help forums here that I should have UAC turned off. I have ever since left it off and the warning message I receive in TuneUp drives me nuts. So now the situation is that I can re enable UAC to turn on? How do I configure it to always Run as Administrator?
FORECONSniper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 am

Yes, you do not need UAC turned off. The following tutorial explains how to configure "Run as Administrator":
ATTENTION: Windows VISTA and 7 users, you must read this...
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:50 am

Firstly, I fixed the typo in my previous reply - you do not need UAC turned off.

Also, I'm told that PT3 now forces Run As Administrator, so you do not actually need to configure the shortcut.
You DO need to run your poker site(s) software that way, though.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Plans for PT3 working with UAC enabled

Postby FORECONSniper » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Firstly, I fixed the typo in my previous reply - you do not need UAC turned off.

Also, I'm told that PT3 now forces Run As Administrator, so you do not actually need to configure the shortcut.
You DO need to run your poker site(s) software that way, though.



Awesome... thanks!

Now I can finally switch UAC back on and forego all the warning messages in TuneUp.

Cheers,
Ivan
FORECONSniper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:37 am

Previous

Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests